The HVAC ASHRAE 62.1-2013 app for the iPhone allows you to perform comprehensive minimum ventilation calculations for a wide variety of commercial buildings based upon Standards 62.1-2007 and 2010/2013 (which are essentially the same). This app is based upon the "62MZCalc.xls" Excel spreadsheet that accompanies each copy of the 62.1 User’s Manual. You can do pretty much everything in this app that you can do in the Excel spreadsheet, in addition to creating multi-system projects and emailing results so you can perform further analysis.
Summary of FeaturesANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2013, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, sets minimum ventilation rates and other requirements for commercial and institutional buildings. Standard 62.1 has served the building industry and the public as the most prominent standard on ventilation for indoor air quality.
This app has been updated to accommodate the latest ASHRAE 62.1-2013 updates. Essentially, the calculations are the same as 2010, but there are a couple of additional space types which are included.
The following is a list of additional features:
- Easily perform ventilation calcs (for either the 2007 or 2010/2013 version of the Standard) in the field using your mobile device
- By using slider-control inputs, instantly see results update as input values are changed
- Easily email inputs and results in an html-formatted email and also an Excel spreadsheet for further analysis back at the office
- Select the space type, input the floor area, zone population, and design airflow. This application uses slider controls that allow you to quickly increment or decrement the input values and immediately observe the calculated results.
- Email a comprehensive ASHRAE 62.1 report that can be imported into Excel for further analysis.
- Displays both english and metric units.
- The HVAC ASHRAE 62.1 application was designed by Carmel Software Corporation exclusively for ASHRAE.