Carmel Software Announces a Complete Rewrite of the HVAC Equipment Locator App for the Apple iPhone and iPad
The updated application lets users track, share, and customize their equipment nameplate and maintenance data.
San Rafael, CA
August 14, 2014
August 14, 2014
Contact: Masha O'Brien
- Track equipment location, nameplate, and maintenance data along with photos and spec sheets
- Share all of the data with other authorized users by automatically syncing the data
- Customize the app input screens so users can store and view the exact data about building, equipment, or maintenance events. Perfect for performing commissioning and other specialized activities.
- Manage all of the equipment data and user access using the new Equipment Locator Cloud website.
- The HVAC Equipment Locator is now a universal app, meaning that it works on both the iPhone (3.5" and 4" screen) and iPad and adjusts the user interface accordingly
- Includes the ability to create customized input screens
- Automatically syncs all of the building and equipment information and photos to the cloud allowing users to view it on the web and share with other technicians
- Includes the ability to store the GPS coordinates of the piece of equipment so that when the user returns to it, the information will automatically appear when located next to it
- Allows users to upload unlimited building and equipment photos and documents
- The HVAC Equipment Locator mobile app, itself. Click here to download.
- The Carmel Equipment Locator Cloud. Click here to go to the website.
"We are very excited about the updated Locator app. We re-wrote it from the ground up, and it is truly a great tool for technicians and maintenance personnel to quickly record building and equipment information and easily share that information with other authorized users," says Stephen Roth, Principal of Carmel Software.
About Carmel Software
Carmel Software Corporation has been a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, our software currently powers the analysis capabilities of Autodesk's (makers of AutoCAD) 3D modeling software tools. Also, ASHRAE, Mitsubishi Electric, Trane, Johnson Controls, the U.S. Department of Energy, Honeywell, Carrier Corp., large western utilities, and other Fortune 500 building-services companies rely upon Carmel to develop custom mobile and desktop applications for their clients. We currently offer more than 40 iOS and Android mobile apps for HVAC.
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030